NZ Olive Oil Recipes: Chipotle Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Basil and Bocconcini
Chipotle Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Basil and Bocconcini
This is the perfect recipe if you are having friends around for drinks or pre dinner snacks. It’s super easy to prepare and packs an incredible amount of flavour into a single bite.
5 roma tomatoes
½ loaf of bread (ciabatta works well)
palm full of fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons chipotle paste or sauce
½ cup bocconcini or fresh mozzarella
extra virgin olive oil (garlic infused avocado oil also works great for this recipe we recommend this one>>>)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Cut tomatoes in half, season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of olive oil then place on an oven tray and cook for 7 minutes. Remove tomatoes from oven and allow to cool slightly, tomatoes should be lightly cooked but still firm.
- Roughly chop tomatoes into 3 cm pieces, place in a sieve and lightly squeeze to remove excess liquid. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and mix in desired amount of chipotle paste or sauce.
- Slice bread into small one or two bite sized pieces about 1.5cm thick, place on oven tray. Cut the cloves of garlic in half then brush or drizzle the bread with extra virgin olive oil and rub with the garlic.
- Place bread in the oven for 4-5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Remove bread from the oven and place a generous spoonful of chipotle tomatoes on each. Rip the basil and bocconcini into rustic chunks and place some on each piece, season generously with salt and cracked black pepper.